Featured Music Videos

Friday, March 30, 2012

Poetic Lace One on One with DJ Worship More!


Poetic Lace has found the right direction with the release of his debut album “When Silence Falls”. The Jacksonville, FL based artist will stimulate you spiritually with “Real Talk” hard hitting issues that roost in our urban communities.

I decided to go "One on One with Poetic Lace", to get a better understanding of who he is and where he is going….

DJ Worship More Question:

Poetic Lace, I want to thank you for this opportunity. Congratulations on your new album release, “When Silence Falls”. I’m just as excited as you are about project, and really feeling the first single “Broken Wings.”

Before we chop it up about the album, I’m sure the readers want to know a little more about you and the message that you deliver about salvation. 

Lace when did you give yourself to the Lord, and what inspired the change?

Poetic Lace:

Before I answer that, allow me to express my gratitude by saying it is an honor to be speaking with you right now! I am humbled and thankful to be recognized by a “Soulja” such as yourself. So with that being said, we’re going to keep this interview 100% real (LOL)… I’ve been saved and baptized since I was a little boy but I still had tendencies to be disobedient. It wasn’t until a year ago that I fully accepted who God was calling me to be. This was inspired by God literally breaking me. To keep a long story short, I went from being a student athlete (college basketball player) to living in Miami, FL homeless, sick with hives all over my body, “mysteriously” emptied out bank account, no friends or family by my side and no answers to why this was happening to me. This caused my faith to truly grow. This showed me that EVERYBODY (all races, creeds, ethnic backgrounds) is struggling in some kind of way. This thought me who I am and most importantly who God is through the blood of Jesus Christ. I can honestly say I am thankful for everything I’ve been through, BUT, I don’t want to go through it again (LOL).

DJ Worship More Question:

I see that you stepped out of the corner swinging with the first single from the album.  While working on the project, “When Silence Falls” did you have a specific theme in mind for the entire album?

Poetic Lace:

The title speaks for itself! What happens when silence falls?? The truth gets told! What happens when silence falls?? The truth gets heard! I’m basically pointing out that those days of the Christian community being quite are over. There is too much filth going on that we are allowing people to get away with. There is also a great need of “Spiritual Education” that needs to be thought. Most importantly, people need to know that God loves them and you don’t have to be perfect to find the road of salvation.





DJ Worship More Question:

“When Silence Falls” deals with topics from abstinence, relationships, and a few hard bangers that are going hard for Christ! I enjoyed more of your smooth tracks such as “Can We Get Away” (feat. K. Black. & Regina) and “Thank You” (feat. K. Black and Regina).

When you minister on the tracks such as the two mentioned above, what message are you looking to deliver to today’s youth?

Poetic Lace:

Just to throw a little spice into the answer of this question… K. Black is a homeless guy that I found on the streets singing one night as I was walking home. Hahaha, it’s amazing how God can use anybody to get His point across… “Can We Get Away” is a song that the Lord gave me to teach men the appropriate way to approach women. A man will NOT be satisfied with just any woman. She must be the one that God has appointed for him. This song is also meant to teach women the appropriate way for men to approach them. Being called a B**** and a Wh** and everything else but a child of God is not what’s up. We all need to realize that it’s a beautiful thing to have somebody special in our lives and we need to do all we can to keep God in the equation of that relationship. “Thank You” is song to let the people know that we can enjoy God through the blood of Jesus Christ. God loves us so much that He wants us to do well and enjoy Him. This song is basically stating; during everything you go through or do, it’s a MUST that you take time out to tell The Father (God), The Son (Christ, Jesus), The Holy Spirit “Thank You”.

DJ Worship More Question:

The “Broken Wings” video is moving! When you wrote the lyrics for this song, was it from a personal experience?   
Did you imagine that the video would ever be this powerful visually, once the words moved from paper to the screen?

Poetic Lace:

“Broken Wings” is my life…Straight up! The lyrics came from the heart! Everything you heard and saw was 100% true. “Broken Wings” is the very first song I wrote and recorded, so it means a lot to me. Not to sound like a punk (LOL), but doing the video was very emotional to me. I really relived some tough events that took place in my life. To be honest with you, I knew the song had great meaning behind it but I didn’t know the magnitude of it. I am truly amazed on how powerful the video turned out to be. All I can say is “glory ta God”!!

DJ Worship More Question:

Poetic Lace, where can we read more about you and do you have any sites that we can visit to stay up to date on your next project? 
(Websites, YouTube, etc.)

Poetic Lace:

When you go to my website www.poeticlace.com you will be instantly connected to all my social sites, articles, updates, music, and more. Here are a few links so people can reach out to me personally:


DJ Worship More:
Poetic Lace, I want to thank you for sharing your time with us. You have a ministry to touch the lost by delivering the word in a poetic motion. I want to extend many blessing to you and your ministry.


God Bless!

Poetic Lace:

Thank you for having me and God bless you too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment