Featured Music Videos

Saturday, September 10, 2011

One on One with Elder Craig Williams of "The Seal Breakers"


Elder Craig Williams of "The Seal Breakers" speaks
with DJ Worship More on the "Your'll Soul Music Hour".


DJ Worship More:
Welcome to "The Your’ll Soul Music Hour" on PreachPastor.com.
We are with Elder Craig Williams and "The Seal Breakers"! Music for the King is what my Spirit feels, when I hear the brassy sounds of "The Seal Breakers".

DJ Worship More:
Question:

We would like to learn more about you Elder Craig Williams, and the talented members of "The Seal Breakers." Please give us some background about your group, and a breakdown, sort of a "who’s who" by instrument within the band.

Seal Breakers:
Answer:

The Seal Breakers are a brass shout band out of the heart of Brooklyn NY. The home of Barbra Streisand, Chris Rock, Hezekiah Walker and Jay-Z. Lol I started the group in 2001 and the Lord has blessed us to start training young men from Greater St. Stephen church where I serve as Youth Pastor, to other young men from the surrounding area who just want to change their lives. When I began the group I figured we would just minister at our local church but little did I know that God had a bigger plan for our ministry and that was to take this music across this country and around the world. So, I’m glad that God’s purpose for us quite often out measures the goals we have set for ourselves. Our band consists of:

Craig Williams/Lead Trombone
Kenny Carr/ Lead Trombone
David Hawkins/ Lead Trombone/Fifth trombone
Danny Hayes/ Lead Trombone/ split trombone
Keith "KJ" Johnson/ Tenor trombone
Devin McCauley/ 3rd Trombone
Zachary Williams/Split trombone/ Third trombone
Darrell Wallace-11 years old/ baritone horn
Marshall"Twin" Brooks/ baritone horn/ sousaphone
Wade Harris/ third trombone
Jermaine McGriff / third trombone
Paul Patton/ third trombone
Jamal Coleman/ sousaphone-bass horn
Drums/ James"Big June" Robinson Jr.
Loren Dawson/ all keyboards
 




DJ Worship More:

Elder Williams, when I read about the challenges that you had to endure during the early beginnings of "The Seal Breakers", I just shook my head and said, WOW! I know that you were comforted by the Spirit knowing the Word of God say’s:
For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. (Hebrews 10:36)
For those of you who aren’t familiar with the history of the group, in brief, here it is:

Elder Craig Williams formed the praise band in 2001, known then as the "The Eagles Praise Band". Unfortunately the use of the name "The Eagles" could be a potential copyright infringement upon a rock group with a similar name. Dr. Jamal Bryant whom was blessed to hear the band three days prior, gave Elder Craig Williams a call that would not only be uplifting, but defining. Dr. Jamal Bryant said, "God placed you in my Spirit and I wanted to know what you are going to call your group?" Elder Craig Williams told him he had not decided, but was praying about it. Dr. Jamal Bryant replied, "God told me to tell you to call the group the "The Seal Breakers!"

DJ Worship More:
Question:

This is a two part question Craig, first, how difficult was it to pick up and re-name the group? Also, what advice do you have for other artist whom may encounter a similar experience such as yours?

Seal Breakers:
Answer:

It was very difficult. The Eagles had been our name from the group’s inception. It eventually became the name everyone recognized. As I mentioned before God’s purpose for us often exceeds our myopic scope and honestly when I began the group I had no idea that one day we would record. When some of the producers of the documentary we are working on approached me with the news that they were going to have an issue clearing the documentary for the television networks because of the potential copyright infringement issue I was hurt but I remained open to the voice of God. I’m grateful for being raised in a home that believed in prayer and prophecy so when the Lord gave us the new name I was able to discern his voice and flow with the move of God. I would tell other artists to keep a strong, informed team of business minds around you who can help you to avoid some industry pitfalls and always be open to the voice of God to shift you into the divine purpose he has called you to. It may be uncomfortable but the will of God is often uncomfortable because it calls us from what is convenient and comfortable and like Abraham to a place that God says I will show you. You won’t know until you get there! So trusting God completely is essential for any facet of ministry God calls us to.

DJ Worship More:

Now let’s get to the music and ministry of "The Seal Breakers". Elder Craig Williams "None Like You: The Remix" a wonderful song! There is none like our Lord.

DJ Worship More:
Question:

Was there any reason why you selected the song "None Like You" to remix?
Seal Breakers:
Answer:

Yes, the other music on our album is all instrumental but my good friend Kenny Carr who produced this album along with me composed this great song called "None Like You" that we imagined would be great if it had a chorus on it. That’s all it really was supposed to be at first but I was led to call my long time friend, producer Jason Hendrickson and I told him "its unconventional and unheard of in the brass band style but lets blow this song out." Full instrumentation, vocals, the whole nine and by the grace of God he blessed us with this Remix. It features Jason Hendrickson, my niece Matia Washington and Karyn Porter all of whom are phenomenal vocalists. We are very excited about this song and we have been receiving great support for it across the country and internationally now. So, to God Be The Glory!
 
DJ Worship More:
Question:

What other songs do you have on the horizon that we should look out for?

Seal Breakers:
Answer:

The album will be released in early October and it’s a wonderful blend of contemporary and traditional gospel, jazz with some New Orleans second line sprinkled in. I love the entire album but I find myself enjoying different songs depending on where I am spiritually and emotionally. Look out for Compassion, Oh Happy Day, Love and When I See The Blood. It will have you shouting and crying at the same time! LOL
 
DJ Worship More:
Question:

Where can we read more about "The Seal Breakers?"

Seal Breakers:
Answer:

Follow us on Facebook/The Seal Breakers, Twitter @thesealbreakers and look out for the video "None Like You" (Remix) on Youtube. Please purchase our single on Itunes and Amazon.com it will encourage you.
Do you have any Shout Outs? Shout Out to Kenny Carr, K. Black, Delray Entertainment, my dad Bishop M.D.Williams and Greater St. Stephen Church, Bishop and Evangelist Celeste Washington and all those who have shown us so much love from the root to the fruit. We love you all.

Everyone Elder Craig Williams and "The Seal Breakers"



5 comments:

  • Anonymous says:
    September 19, 2011

    Man I love this song!!!!

  • Minister Cheryl Smith- Greater St. Stephens says:
    September 20, 2011

    Wow! I am so grateful and very proud of you Pastor Craig for all you have endured to get this ministry birthed and bringing a change in these young men's lives!!! As a fellow member and minister in Christ, I am priviledged to serve with you, and witness what the Lord is doing with and through you! God Bless you!!! Shalom.

  • Anonymous says:
    September 22, 2011

    New sound! Very nice!

  • Anonymous says:
    September 27, 2011

    Good Show last night, enjoyed the interview!

  • DJ Worship More says:
    September 27, 2011

    Thank you all for your comments if you missed the live interview with Elder Craig Williams please visit our station. During the week of September 26 -Oct 1 of 2011 to hear a re-broadcast of this show.

Post a Comment