Featured Music Videos

Monday, March 26, 2012

ILL Seer One On One with DJ Worship More

Cyril Guérette AKA ILL SEER will leave you with a few choice topics to think about!  The Senior Pastor of Free Church Toronto is known for his delivery of a truly inspired word delivered in a poetic format. 

Prophetic Poetic Productions is the label, ILL Seer is the artist and I am DJ Worship More! Here to provide you with another interview that will encourage, minister and provide deliverance in the name of Jesus.

DJ Worship More Question:

ILL SEER, I am thankful for this opportunity to conduct this interview with you.
In 2010 you slipped me a song called “Think about These Things”.I have to admit the hook just grab me, great song, awesome music.

Before we get into what’s new, can you please provide a quick introduction of who you are as a believer and artist for our readers?

Answer ILL SEER:

First, I need to thank you DJ Worship More, it’s a blessing to get to converse with you about my faith.  As a believer, my parents came to faith when I was quite young, and I was raised in the ways of the Lord.  As a teenager, I pushed back but God brought me around during a revival period in my hometown of Sarnia, Ontario in Canada.  A number of pastors rose out of that time period actually.  I went to Heritage Baptist College, and eventually graduated and went to the University of Cambridge to pursue a Master’s degree.  I started sliding in my practice of faith, but came back to do a PhD in Theology in Toronto.  In 2002, God woke me back up by the amazing church which I now have come to pastor.  I met my wife here at FreeChurch Toronto and started as a professor at Heritage Baptist College, and now have been blessed with three amazing children.

I first came to think of myself as an artist after being sledgehammered with the reality of the biblical Prophets as poets, and started taking writing lyrics seriously.  I was part of a band, then helped form a full hiphop crew in the UK.  I never really worked with believers until I came back to Canada and had the pleasure to link up with amazing cats like The Runaway, Shad, and now loads of others.










DJ Worship More Question:

Your church has a unique way of providing benediction, in the form of what is known as psalmbalming or psalmbombing. Now at my church the benediction is as following:

  Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart; be acceptable unto thee O Lord my strength and my provider Amen.

Can you give me an example of how you would drop a quick psalmbomb before the end of a service?

Answer ILL SEER:

For sure … actually our church has always used the Aaronic blessing as the final benediction of the service, a tradition I still keep.  But each of the two pastors before me would do a little spontaneous address beforehand.  I just added in my love of freestyle rhyming prayer.  It’s always tied to the scripture verse that was preached on but if it was on John 3:16 it might look something like:

God, thank you for sending your son, our pretending is done, the ending you’ve won … so let us love the world like you love the world, but not love the World.  Let us see unfurled, the love of you only Begotten, let’s not have forgotten how often we’ve acted rotten, but let us get lost in, the demonstration of your salvation, we give you a standing ovation, we believe in you so we won’t perish, everlasting life we’ll always cherish!  And may the Lord bless you and keep you.  May the Lord turn his face towards you and be gracious to you.  May the Lord shine the Light of His Son Jesus Christ down upon you and grant you peace.  For we are His Church, we’ll see you this week. Amen.








DJ Worship More Question:

 “Doxological Freestyle VOL.I”, hit the street March 19, 2012 it is touted as a CD that not only needs to be listened to but prayed with.

Why is this CD one that we should not only listen to, but pray along with as well?

Answer ILL SEER:

When I felt the Lord put the concept for this project on my heart, I knew it shouldn’t just be another album in the rotation.  First, it was spontaneous prayers from the heart, and I wanted that to catch on to the listener.  I actually instructed the producer DJ Clutch, to include lots of instrumental space so that the Spirit could move people, both in their silence, or in their own offerings of word to the Lord.  I believe that the church needs to pray more, and sometimes it’s hard to create that space for God.  I wanted this album to do that. 

One of the things our congregation has had as part of the mission of The Weekly and other events is “to craft an environment in which people meet the Living Presence of God through worship, word and sacrament.”  I wanted the music and the words to craft such an environment as well.

DJ Worship More Question:
I enjoyed the track “Follow Repeatedly”; I am really feeling how you meditate to the prayer.

There is power in prayer, deliverance and healing can all be received by praying to God and asking what we want from Him.  Nothing is impossible the only thing that can impede our prayer is our lack of faith.

 Do you have a special word that you would care to share with our readers?

Answer ILL SEER:

If it’s anything, it’s to not think of prayer as an extra project on top of all the other ministry you do for God.  Think of it as the main ministry.  Think of all you do as prayer.  God wants us to pray with our bodies, as well as our hearts and minds.

We don’t need to just do prayer to cover evangelism, we can use prayer to be evangelism.  If you are a musician, recognize that David charged his musicians to create a new culture of prayer.  That music itself is a prayer.

For example, this year one of the amazing groups I’ve gotten to know in Toronto, No Found Address, take their music into the streets, to minister to the homeless.  Cliff and Lennox asked me to come do some psalmbombing/psalmbalming with them.   We sat in the park, where they had been asked to come, and when I started freestyling prayers to God, I looked at all the bankers on their lunch break, all the homeless in the park, the kids, the passersby, and they were listening to me speak about, and to God, and they liked it.  It didn’t come off as aggressive and demeaning … it came off as affirmative and they received it.  If we pray like that publicly, or offer people prayers, that is one of the best ways to show Jesus to those who don’t know him.

Doxological Freestyling is a way of living the life of Christ … in whatever mode we pray … with words, music, art, service, and plain old living life.

DJ Worship More Question:

ILL Seer, Where can we read more about you and do you have any sites that we can visit to stay up to date on your next project? 
(Websites, Youtube, ect.)

Thank you so much!  There’s a few places to get to know what I’m doing:

http://illseer.com
http://propheticpoetic.com
http://youtube.com/propheticpoetic
http://facebook.com/propheticpoetic
 
DJ Worship More:

If you haven’t listen to latest tracks from “Doxological Freestyles Vol I.” please do today. There is healing and deliverance in this collective set of prayers. Cyril, bro you are a blessing and moving a direction that no man can follow, because they are guided by the steps of the Lord.

God Bless!




1 comments:

  • Anonymous says:
    March 29, 2012

    Ill Seer you have provided an outlook on prayer that I will consider in my daily faith thanks

Post a Comment